February 17, 2009

chocolate cookie pudding


sounds good, right? man it is. and super easy too. i know like forever ago i was gunna do a once a week recipe. ha! that lasted how long, a week?! I suck at life i know. ha! so i decided to give you guys (my whole two readers) the recipe for a new dessert. Drew and I kinda considered it our belated valentines dessert. you should try it out!

1 (5.9) package of chocolate instant pudding mix
2 cups of milk
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened (i used 1/3 less cream cheese)
1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
16 double-stuffed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed (about 2 cups)(we used double stuffed oreos)
3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted

*whisk together pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Cover and chill 5 minutes.
*stir together cream cheese and whipped topping, blending well
*place 1 cup crushed cookies evenly on bottom of an 8-cup bowl. Spread half of cream cheese mixture over crushed cookies; sprinkle with half of pecans. spread all of pudding evenly over top; spread remaining cream cheese mixture evenly over pudding. Sprinkle remaining cookies and pecans. chill until ready to serve
Yield: 6-8 servings

enjoy some good eatin'!
-Nikki

3 comments:

  1. This really isn't what I should be looking at...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I'm going to try it! I can't wait. OH - Question!... Do you have your mom's recipe for better than sex cake?? I've been meaning to call her to get it for about a century now! I'm dying to stuff myself with that scrumptious cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I made this scrumptious desert tonight for book club & it was great!! I love it! Thanks for posting it! love you.

    ReplyDelete