July 07, 2013

5 years

In May Drew and I hit our 5 year anniversary. I decided, much to Drews delight, that I wanted to go shooting for our anniversary. Weeks leading up to the 16th (our big day) I had been having all sorts of crazy home invasion dreams about whether I should run for Parker or run for a gun. Either way, I felt I needed to be more comfortable with Drews 9mm (the easy access gun) in case I needed to use it. So we decided to go down to my parents house because that would mean free babysitter and free shooting range. We like to take drews car on trips because its more spacious than mine so I was switching over the carseat and P was playing in the car. Because I'm super smart, I ended up locking Parker in the car. With the keys. fun fact: we only have ONE set to each car. Even better, it started POURING right after I realized he was locked in! but like a good mother, I stood out there the entire storm. It was seriously like right over head. Lightning, thunder. horrible! I did go in for an umbrella but I was still drenched from the FREEZING rain! 
After about 20-30 minutes the storm lightened up and we were able to break into the car and get Parker out. P had a little bit of a blow out while in the car. Drew was sooo not happy about the situation. After he got super pissed at me, me telling him off for being so mad, and me taking some time to get over it we headed down to my parents (after I cleaned up the poo of course)
Apparently I'm a pretty good shot. And it was a good shooting trip, I'm ready now. So dont  come breaking into my house! you have been warned ;)

One morning my dad took me and Parker to Cain's Thoroughbred Training Center to watch the horse do their training. They were done by the time we got there but we were able to pet the horses.

Parker found a frog in my parents back yard. that poor frog was exhausted after all the attention it got. Parker even held it. He kept saying it was "grandmas special frog". He even asked about it while we were down there this last week.
There is always so much to do at grandma and papa's house. Here is a picture of some of the days activities. 
And of course, you cant go to grandmas without getting treats. This was parkers first ice cream cone and he LOVED it!

Its hard to believe to believe we have hit 5 years together, its seems like we've always been together. Definitely have been through alot in those five years but we are closer than ever. We almost feel like we're redoing the 'newlywed stage' and its a million times better! Love you Drewwwwwy ;)

2 comments:

  1. You guys are awesome. Happy 5 years! I laughed at your story about locking P in the car. Sorry - that's just a huge fear for me and I'm kind of shocked I haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm so cool that was actually my second time! The first time was in my car which is clearly easier to break him out of

      Delete