July 07, 2013

Glo Run

In May I did my first ever 5k. It wasnt "legit" in the sense of being timed or rankings- which is good since I did horrible. A group of dental wives made a team, Dental Divas, and we raced together. We even made shirts! It was super fun and I will be doing it next year, I might even drag Drew along.
The race didnt start until after it got dark. While we waited there was a dance party. We looked super awesome in our neon
super glad this girl came! She stayed with me running super slow. I ran more of the 5k than I probably would have thanks to Tami!
finished my first 5k!
post race. 

I had strained my lower back a few weeks before so I really hadnt been able to train/run for awhile leading up to the race. I was proud of myself for completing the race and running for as much as I did. up to that point the furthest I had run was 2 miles. if you would have asked me even a year ago if I would ever been in a 5k let alone run in one, I would have laughed in your face. Look at me go! I've come a long way.

1 comment: