March 31, 2010

Solomon Latest

So a couple of weeks ago I finally worked on a project I've been talking about to Drew for months! We had this dresser of Drews from before the marriage, it wasnt in the best condition, you know how boys are. I wish I would have thought to take a before picture.. but I didnt. Before it was a lighter brown wood but covered with this fake wood stuff,I dont know what its called, and goldish colored handles. But... after some primer and a couple coats of black pant and some silver spray pant, this is the finished product!

luckily the picture is small enough you cant see the "character" this dresser still has. But its a HUGE!! improvement from before. Just take my word for it, okay?

Another thing that has been going on is we finally got a bed upgrade!! Before we were on a full, which I had since I was 16ish and living at home. Refer to this post It was very cosy to put it nicely. haha, it just wasnt working for me anymore. So after hearing a sleep america ad while I was at work one day, I mentioned it to drew so we went down to look. Well, we walked away with a very very very!! comfortable queen sized bed! Love it! I sleep sooo good!

Karabi really likes it. It looks pretty plain right now yes, but still a work in progress. As you can see no head board. We have a couple ideas for cool head boards. Either out of soda cans or books. Just trust me, it'll look good. So.. pictures to come once we get it done.

other than that, Drew is still a slave to ASU and Express Scripts but...This semester is almost done!! Then only one semester left for Drew! YAY!! Then... only 7 more years of school.

Upcoming Events:
May-Drew finishes this semester
June- Drew takes the DAT (hopefully get pregnant this month)
July- Drews 24th bday, Clint gets home from mission, probably visit my parents, apply to dental school
August-Drew starts his last semester of ASU!
September- My 23rd birthday, hopefully some interviews for Dental School
October-hopefully Dental school interviews
November- hopefully Dental school interviews
December- hopefully being accepted to Dental school, my parents and sister come to Arizona for reunion!

So as you can see... things are about to get real exciting!! yay for life gettin' to gettin'. yes, I know that sounds totally country. ;)

2 comments:

  1. LOL it cracks me up that you wrote when you plan to get pregnant.

    Hope it all works out for ya. I've had a couple friends try to get into dental school and both of them made it to interviews. Apparently getting a super-duper DAT score (like a 19...I think) is a must.

    In case it doesn't work out though, one friend that didn't get in was accepted to a baccalaureate program @ Creighton in Omaha. Basically he takes classes for a year and then the next year he is guaranteed acceptance into their dental program.

    I had no idea that anything like that existed until a couple weeks ago, so I thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete