January 06, 2009

Cooking 101

I decided something today..I will make my husband a real meal atleast once a week. Doesn't really seem like a stretch, but ya gotta start somewhere. We still eat like we're college kids and on our own.. you know what I mean, something you throw in the oven to reheat, cereal, a sandwhich, just whatever is in the fridge and easy. Thats how we eat most of the time, well, thats how I eat most of the time.

It mostly happens that way because Drew and I have different schedules a lot of the time. Mostly, I'm home way before him and don't want to wait for 5 more hours until he gets home so I just do something fast, and he never really makes a 'real meal'.

anyway, the point is, atleast one real meal a week for me and my husband. And also, I'll post the recipe I used for dinner. So here is recipe one of many more to come.

This comes from Southern Living's Ultimate Quick & Easy cookbook.
Chicken Breasts Dijon

Prep: 10 minutes * Cook: 16 Minutes
1/3 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
1 tsp Parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried Italian seasonings
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
4(4-ounce) skinned & boned chicken breast halves
2 TBSP Dijon mustard
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp margarine

*Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Brush both sides of each chicken breast half with mustard; dredge in breadcrumb mixture
*Heat olive oil and margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat until margarine melts. Add chicken breasts, and saute 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Yield: 4 servings

-Nikki




1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you got a blog! And your life sounds like ours right now. We hardly ever have home cooked meals. Bah. Thats what happens with two working, school going people. Love you!

    ReplyDelete