April 04, 2014

January 2014

Still in Arizona
 playing at Aunt Karens. He finally got brave enough to drive the truck and took some cousins out for a spin. he was a horrible driver so i had to stay close.
 the last full day in Arizona we walked to the park. I dare say it was even hot that day. but nice to be outside.
 P was a champ again on the flight home. He struggled with getting waking up but once he was awake he was fine. he laid on the floor again on the plane. i think he was getting sleepy 
 Parker and the neverland pirates!
 oh you know, just lookin cool with mom
 first week back to church. he was ready to spit some game at the ladies
 it snowed. I dont know who taught him but P was running around with his tongue hanging out trying to catch snowflakes.
 P got 2 rubber band guns from uncle nate and aunt laura for christmas and he was just working on his skill before papa came over. it came with a little 3 flip target. Parker was actually hitting it almost every time.
 He kind of still loves his baby swing. He'll even say in conversation, "comfy in a baby swing" sometimes at random some times when we ask about his comfort levels (bed, couch, floor, whatev)
 working on his mad drumming skills

January 13: drew felt cove kick for the first time.

 we had been trying to get Parker to eat for seriously like 2 hours. of course right as we're trying to put him to bed he decides its time to eat. thats like his classic stall tactic now.
 oh you know, just enjoying some snow from the bench at the gym. he got sick later that week, i think we all know where he got it from.
 P went to the dentist for the first time! I know we're behind. apparently it should be by their 1st birthday. yeah he was 2.5. he did really awesome. They asked him what kind of toothpaste he wanted and he picked chocolate. haha. he did really good with them cleaning his teeth and taking xrays. must be cause of his daddy. He has a little cross bite and will pretty much need a palate separater later on (drew and I both had one) but we really needed to kick his tongue sucking habit to help with it all. we go back in July for his 6 month check up

his blanky went "missing" in hopes he would stop sucking his thumb. it was a success with the thumb part (the blanket initiates the thumb sucking). the only problem was, he stopped napping. it wouldnt be as big of a deal except he went from 3 hour naps to nothing. I was NOT okay with that. so now he only sleeps with his blanket at nap time then the blanket gets put away. He gets so excited when he sees it though. "oh blanky! i love you." and hugs it dearly

 we went down to my parents one weekend and poor little P had a cough so we had to bust out "Bubbles". here papa is helping him have a double breathing treatment, neutralizer and some back percussion. he actually really liked him patting on his back
 this kid I swear, the things he says. "He'll sit right here and be okay. I'll cut him like a cake."
 Parker loves to play in my parents office/craft room. this was his newest hiding spot.
 my mother-in-law got me a sewing machine for christmas and decided it was time to break 'er in. for my first project I made a pouf for P. apparently its a big deal to sew on piping. I dont know, didnt seem that serious to me. but my mom also did ALL the pinning. I just sewed
 tryin on papa's England Police badge
 P was a horrible napper at my parents. like basically wouldnt take one. on the way him he wanted to hold the bread my mom had made us that day. no joke, like 5 minutes later he fell asleep. (he has his seat belt on, he just took the arm straps off, lap belt is still buckled)
I wanted to be cool and make a flannel board in hopes of being better at FHE. I just opted for covering a canvas with flannel. worked pretty well, when P wasnt laying on the project. but no, it didnt help me with FHE

No comments:

Post a Comment