August 24, 2013

Big boy bed

While we were in California my mom broke P in to his big boy bed. It was my little sisters the semester she lived off campus. It's just been in my parents detached garage so they said we could have it! Anyway, so they broke him in over the six day trip. It was only the mattress at their house and the side railing my mom bought. When they brought P home they brought and installed the bed. I had previously ordered bedding and washed it so we were good to go. 
Let me just tell you, this kid LOVES his new bed. He'll climb up and just hang out in it through our the day. Doesn't really like other people in it for a long visit, not even mom or dad. 
He's done really good in it too. Doesn't get out to play with toys or get in to things. He even would just stay in bed and call for me to get him up in the mornings. One morning though I was super tired and didn't go in right away so he helped himself out of bed and into our room. Not too bad other than the next couple of nights were a lot earlier. 6:20, 7, 7:30. If you don't know me well, I don't get up with him before 8 o'clock. (Yes I get up if he cries) I have a 2 yr old. We just have stuff that works for us. So anyway, after him coming in our room too early and him running out while trying to get him ready for bed, we added one of those child safety door knob covers. I guess that's what they're called. He tried maybe 2 morning with no success and just got back into his bed. Now he does t even get out of bed until I come into the room.
This kid is just too awesome. Sometimes I feel like I doubt how he'll handles things then he always does great!

No comments:

Post a Comment