April 02, 2013

Last week..

This is last week according to my phone.

I yet again rearranged the shelf above our couches.

After not going to the gym in weeks, P and I decided to get back into the groove. He's been moved up to the toddle room and he loves it! the workers tried him out one day and told me I could take him to which ever room I wanted, so I decided the toddler room. He was saying play! Play! PLAY! until they opened the gate for him to go in. Parker is so silly and doesnt easily forget. One day he was playing with a toy Woody and Dora and he had to leave them in the toddler room when we were leaving and was very heartbroken. he ran to me crying! He still brings up woody and dora. haha.

Playing in the lockers outside of the adventure center

Of course he had to drive before we could go home

Dancing to some music

For Easter this year we (I) decided to get Parker a big truck for his basket/gift. It was kind of a dual present to be used for his birthday since its a construction theme this year. We did the "basket" on Friday because Parker was with me when I picked it up and even cried when he had to take his nap because he had to leave the truck. As previously mentioned, this kid does not forget things so we couldnt really hide it and pull it out another day. His truck was full of sand toys: zoo animal molds (giraffe, lion, hippo, elephant) and a sand bucket set that had a rack, shovel, and sifter. He didnt seem quite as excited for all the other stuff, probably because he was with me when I bought it. Grandma R got him a mickey mouse coloring book with stickers that we threw in and a dinosaur bubble blower toy- but he had opened that already. He refers to this beast as Big Truck.

Our ward has an email group that is kind of like a craigslist- maybe, or not- anyway, I just so happened to be close to my phone when it dinged that I had a new email. A sister in the ward was giving away some toys and I was lucky enough to score a train set for P. Drew and I set it up Friday night to sort through pieces. P was a little overwhelmed by it. He destroyed most of it in one fit. So we boxed it all up but a few of the trains for when he's a little older.

Trying on daddy's "water glasses"

He thought it was comfy to sit in the box on top of the train set.

On Sunday we had our 2nd Annual Dental Family Easter Egg Hunt (totally made up that title btw) here at our complex. Drew ran P over to the far side of the courtyard area because there were alot of eggs together and maybe he could actually get some before the older kids got over there. This kid has a silly way of egg hunting. He likes to open the egg and look inside before going to the next egg. If he likes the candy he'll hold it and move on or try and eat it before he moves to the next one. Because of this Drew just threw in a couple eggs to his basket since he was taking forever. The area Drew took him had alot of the eggs with jelly beans. I guess he doesnt like jelly beans because when hed open one with them he would just shake them out then open another egg. hahaha. little stinker! Even after he had a full basket he still went to pick up more eggs. He had an opened sucker in his hand but found an egg with another sucker, so he left his on the ground and brought me the other one to open. I also found another pile of jelly beans too.

Parker had way too much candy. but I guess that was partially my fault since I let him have alot of it. But luckily its all gone. That kid was such a stinker from all that sugar!! Glad its all out of his system.

No comments:

Post a Comment