November 28, 2012

Christmas prep & Grandmas

I usually dont set up christmas until after thanksgiving, but I justified it a little bit this year. We had a mock thanksgiving the week before with the family before my little sister went on her mission. So to me, it was after. Parker and I set it up the Tuesday before the real thanksgiving and before we headed down to my parents for break.
my little helper!

Parker was a little stinker while at my parents. He only wanted my mom and was super cranky. He ended up drinking something that we think led to some allergies and sickness. So that didnt help things. But grandma has cool stuff at her house that kept him entertained.

this is up in grandma's office/sewing room. He loved to put the pegs in this and would just sit in play with it for like ten minutes straight!
Parker calls my dads mower a tractor. He wanted to go outside to the detached garage atleast 100 times a day to see it.
kicking it with Papa watching cars
my mom pulled out my old banana chair and Parker loved it! it was pretty humorous watching him climb in to it.

While I was at my moms I decided I wanted to make stockings. Parker didnt have one and the previous ones drew and I had were falling apart thanks to Parker. I used this as my inspiration. Luckily my mom is a BOSS and owned this craft. Burlap is a beast to work with so just be forewarned! 

Since we're going to Arizona this year for christmas, its hard for me to actually wrap presents and keep them until Christmas. Its just a pain to fly out all the gifts to just fly them back. So some things have come a little early. P got a vacuum toy from grandma S, two sweaters from me and Drew (our logic: he can wear them longer if he had them now) and a tent and tunnel toy. And I bought myself some jeans too that count as a christmas present. Its just hard for me to practice patience when its something I want/need.

happy to be home
playing in the tunnel


We found a new use of the christmas box my dad made us a couple years ago.

our little christmas corner.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the stockings!!! They are seriously adorable, good job :) Parker is so dang cute!! Looks like he's keeping you busy :)

    ReplyDelete