April 22, 2011

The final stretch


I seriously can NOT believe I'm 9 months pregnant! You think I would have been expecting it but I've been SOOO spoiled with this pregnancy. But sure enough, 9 months is here. And in case you weren't closely following my pregnancy, I only have 2 weeks (plus a day or 2) left! SOOO CRAZY!!
^37 weeks + 4 days^

Last night Drew and I took our first child birthing class. It was interesting. Drew got pretty bored, which kinda of makes sense since most of what was talked about he won't be going through. He did like when we got up at the end of the class and practiced breathing/comforting techniques. He's such a goof. I couldn't stop laughing when he was doing his 'coaching'. Hopefully he'll be able to keep me happy the day of. We have another class next week, that one will be more info for me since I plan on havin me some drugs during labor. All the videos we watched last night were about women who went natural. Yeah, no thanks! I don't want to feel anything if I don't have to.

Also yesterday, we got Parkers 'lil swing! It's darling. I love it. Seriously, its too cute. Drew did a lovely job putting it together too.
We're still waiting on the travel system though. For some reason walmart is struggling with it even though it was ordered before the swing. Hopefully it comes in before Parker does!! Or Drew might be going to the store to pick of a random carseat so we can take parker home!

Parker is getting big. That kid is a mover! I think he's guna have attention issues like Drew. Not that Drew can't concentrate, he totally can. His mind just never shuts off. He always needs to be doing something! I think Parker is leaning that way already! At my last appointment he was estimated at 6.8 pounds. That was over a week ago too. He's going to have a big head too! The doctor didn't use those exact words but when he was doing an ultrasound to measure him I was like, is that his big 'ole head? Dr. Beck was like, "it is good sized" then kind of smiled. haha. A week before that I was at 1cm. I go in monday so we'll see how I've progressed. I'm not making my prediction on whether he'll be early/late/ on time until after this next appointment. But honestly, I'm still in no hurry at all! The most my doctor will let me go over is a week. so no later than 3 weeks from now, I'll have a kid! whoa!

Other than that... I made it through tax season and still going. I feel fine so I'm still working. I'll be here atleast until the end of the month, maybe a little longer depending on how I'm progressing. Drew took this last week off (even though he didn't want to) cause he jacked his neck up some how. We're talking crazy muscle spasms, enough that it pulls his head to the side. When he's fighting to keep it in place it looks like he has really bad twitches. But he's on the up side of it now. He went in to work today. He'll be fine, I'm not worried.

Welp, you've seen my MASSIVE belly, Parkers cute swing, and heard some updates. I guess thats all for now! I'll keep ya posted!

3 comments:

  1. I love your new blog format! I'm so excited for you to be a mom! You'll be so good at it! Parker is a lucky kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making the 9 months! Now it gets really fun :) Let me know if you are interesting in cute baby stuff too. I make some :)cutebabygear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! I can't believe how thin you still are! Briant and I are so excited for you guys- but we are sad that you are moving further away!

    ReplyDelete