February 23, 2010

I think I'll name her Lucy


I got a new bike!! Isnt she SOO cute!! I've been talking about getting a bike for awhile with drew for fun and for exercise. Everything I try to do for exercise ends up hurting my knee or I hurt it doing other things and the exercise of choice just increases the pain. So we chose to try a bike! Its low impact and now drew doesnt have to slow his pace for me when he goes running. Plus, its cheaper than paying for a gym membership.

So this baby is a Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser. She's was only $84. Cant beat that!

I went to pick her up from Walmart today.. in my car. I didnt think itd be a problem because my back seats fold down. Well, she wasnt fitting. So the next thing I know, this latin guy comes walking over and offers to help. He tried putting her in a couple different ways. Yeah, it wasnt working. The handle bars just didnt want to be contained. So they stayed outside of the trunk. But he got some rope from his creepy van and made sure it was tied down nice and good. I wish I would have taken a picture of.. the secure job, the latin, and his creepy van. Either way, we got her in and home where she is hanging on our back patio.

Oh I cant wait to take her for a ride!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love your bike! I love the price even better! We should go riding together although I need to get my bike fixed first...I would say this was a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are ever in my neighborhood and need a break...come on in! Your cute little Lucy will be safe here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coolio blog Nikki! Love the bike. I have a blue cruiser with a chrome spring on the front with a metal basket on the back. I've been wanting to make a fabric elastic cover for it. I want to be able to put Spot dog in there when his little legs cant keep up. I love riding bikes!
    ***your dog is so stinkn adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So CUTE! I LOVE those bikes and especially THAT color! Hope all is going well and that we hang out again soon!

    ReplyDelete