October 27, 2011

just like removing a band-aide..??

So as you can tell I'm a failure at blogging! I mean seriously! I do however update pictures of facebook, mostly of parker. But thats all that is really important right?

So lets make a quick list of lastest in the Solomon household so it will be easier to more regularly blog. (its hard to hit on day to day when things have happened that I havent shared yet)

back tracking: the end of april/ early may drew was diagnosed with a neurological condition, cervical distonia (his neck pulls to one side on its own). his treatment is botox injections every 3 months in his neck and daily medication. It has been a hard trial for all of us, and limits have been tested, but we are getting through. We are working together and trying to stay positive. Last months treatment was alot better than the first so we're hoping they will continue to get better. Through this we are really seeing what is most important in life and putting our priorities in line accordingly.

July:
Drew started dental school at U of L
Drews 25th birthday: we had his carpool buddies/wives come over for cake and ice-cream
Parker turned 2 months old: 13 lbs 10 oz, 23.5 in. He started sleeping in his own crib. Had 3 shots, only cried from his leg being pinned down.

August:
Parker rolled over for the first time.
Drew had his white coat ceremony, his mom and my parents came for it.
I had my gallbladder removed and was in the hospital for 3 days (helped me lose 5 lbs)

September:
My 24th birthday!: I went with my parents and parker to Ohio to see my brother and his family (one week post-op)
Parker turned 4 months: 17 lbs 0 oz, 25 in. He started on rice cereal and loves it! he had more shots, didnt cry. Had his first fever as a reaction to the shots. He went to his first birthday party for his friends, Lydia and Carson Christensen. Parker discovered Karabi and loves/laughs at him.
I got within 5 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight (lost 50 pounds)

October:
Parker is 5 months and weighs close to 20 pounds! He can sit up by himself for minutes at a time.
We went to my parents house for fall break

So thats all I can really think of. Other little stuff has happened like, weekly dental school girls nights, crafts, making lots of ginger snaps, walks, school/drilling for drew, visit to/from my parents, temple trip and probably other things I cant think of. Parker is a great baby and is VERY active and moves all the time!

please refer to my facebook for pictures of Parker up to this point. I'll try and do more regular (possibly daily) posts. Mostly of little things parker/the family are doing!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! I am so glad you updated your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't updated mine since...January? According to my blog, Keegan doesn't even EXIST. That's how far behind I am :) So sorry about Drew and his diagnosis. Does the neurologist expect it to remain only in the cervical vertebrae or will it spread?

    ReplyDelete