April 04, 2012

Look at me gettin all crafty

So I have this problem with being content. I get a little stir crazy from time to time. Mostly when I go to other peoples houses, see all this cute stuff then come home to mine and it just feels blah! I like my apartment and whats inside, dont get me wrong. but I just get a little stir crazy.

As you know we got new couches. Sadly they ordered us the wrong color and we have to wait another 3 weeks to get the right one. in the mean time we have a super dark brown on loan. so with that, I thought I needed new decor above the couches because what we did have was too small for such a huge couch! so those got moved into the hallway by parkers room.

so I was left with a blank wall. so I turned to google for ideas. nothing. then looked through my boards on pinterest. success!! Toilet Paper Roll Art! I googled this as well for more ideas involving it. After talking to my sister Paige, we decided to accent the room blue and yellow. well, I will still do that, but the yellow spray paint wasnt workin for me. so I just did everything in blue.

oh so, p.s., I got a 5 pack of canvas for like $18 from Michaels.. WAY better deal than just buying a big canvas (which I had in mind when I went). Also, paper towel rolls are a better idea to use- you can get way for out of one than like 3 TP rolls -unless you just have a collection of empty toilet paper rolls layin around. you can even pull the paper towel roll out without having to unroll the towels. PLUS.... they dont cost as much as toilet paper!

so heres the final product. I had mixed emotions about 'em at first. but the more I see 'em the more I 'em. what are your thoughts?





1 comment:

  1. WOW...I'M SO IMPRESSED WITH YOUR WALL DECOR AND THAT LITTLE QUIET BOOK, NOT TO MENTION YOUR CUTE LITTLE PARKER!!!! LOOKS FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete